Molecular Genetics and Development
One of the main objectives of this research unit is to study molecular mechanisms that control genetic regulation and expression in transgenic mice. Scientists on this team have produced a sickle cell transgenic mouse model through a mutation in the adult beta-globin gene to study the pathophysiology of the disease and to develop effective gene therapy approaches. They are also analyzing transcriptional factors involved in the most primitive cells of hematopoietic differentiation.
Furthermore, they are characterizing the PKD1 gene responsible for polycystic kidney disease and studying the signal transduction pathway using a transgenic mouse model induced with the protooncogène c-myc.
- Director, Molecular Genetics and Development Research Unit, IRCM
- Full IRCM Research Professor
- Full Research Professor, Department of Medicine (accreditation in molecular biology, and in biochemistry and molecular medicine), Université de Montréal
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Medicine (Division of Experimental Medicine), McGill University
Degrees and relevant experience
- PhD in biochemistry and genetics, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France (1982)
- Postdoctoral fellowship in genetics and mutagenesis, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, United Kingdom (1982-1985)
- Postdoctoral fellowship in genetics and development, Columbia University, New York, USA (1985-1989)
Billot K, Coquil C, Villiers B, Josselin-Foll B, Desban N, Delehouzé C, Oumata N, Le Meur Y, Boletta A, Weimbs T, Grosch M, Witzgall R, Saunier S, Fischer E, Pontoglio M, Fautrel A, Mrug M, Wallace D, Tran PV, Trudel M, Bukanov N, Ibraghimov-Beskrovnaya O, Meijer L, Casein kinase 1ε and 1α as novel players in polycystic kidney disease and mechanistic targets for (R)-roscovitine and (S)-CR8. - American Journal Of Physiology. Renal Physiology 2018 Jul 1
Trudel M, Côté M, Philippon D, Simonyan D, Villemure-Poliquin N, Bussières R, Comparative Impacts of Scala Vestibuli Versus Scala Tympani Cochlear Implantation on Auditory Performances and Programming Parameters in Partially Ossified Cochleae. - Otology & Neurotology : Official Publication Of The American Otological Society, American Neurotology Society [and] European Academy Of Otology And Neurotology 2018 Jul
ICI Première (Point du jour) - In Canada, one out of 10 people has a kidney disease. Are there ways to reduce risks?
Support biomedical research
Montreal Clinical Research Institute (IRCM)
110, des Pins Avenue West
Montréal, Québec H2W 1R7