Animal Facilities and Animal Health
The Animal Facilities and Animal Health Core Facility offers all the services required for housing and animal health care. Accredited by the Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC), it has several animal facilities that can accommodate animals depending on the species, health level and nature of handling. It includes an SPF+ animal facility (free of pathogens and opportunistic germs), an SPF animal facility (free of pathogens), an aquatic animal facility and satellite animal facilities: conventional quarantine, SPF quarantine, containment level 2 (NC2) and containment level 3 (NC3).
- Housing rodents in SPF mode
- Colony management and basic techniques (via the AniBio application)
- Technical and veterinary support
- Animal health monitoring: sentinel program, water analysis, etc.
- Animal facility inspections and equipment certification
- Transfers of animals between institutions (import/export)
- On-demand services: studies in collaboration with other institutions and industry partners
- Training (user training and continuous training)
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Romania
- Doctorate in veterinary medicine, Université de Montréal (Ste-Hyacinthe)
- Certificate in Laboratory Animal Medicine (LAM), University of Guelph
- Active member of organizations dedicated to animal welfare and research animal management: OMVQ, ACMV, ACSAL, AALAS, ASLAP, and ESLAV
- Member of the Canadian Veterinary Reserve (CVR)