The Histology Core Facility offers different tissue cutting and staining techniques to highlight different tissue and cell structures. This expertise is offered to IRCM laboratories as well as to external laboratories.
The IRCM is fortunate to count on highly qualified staff and equipment at the cutting edge of technology for tissue processing, cutting, staining and slide mounting.
- Paraffin tissue processing and embedding
- Paraffin-embedded tissue sectioning (Microtome)
- Frozen tissue sectioning (Cryostat)
- Vibratome tissue sectioning
- Basic and specialized histological stains
- Slide dewaxing and dehydration
- Tissue microarray (TMA) from paraffin blocks
Automated Glass Coverslipper