Student and scientific community
By choosing the IRCM for your graduate studies, an internship or for a postdoctoral training, you will join one of the best research centres in Canada. To contribute to a stimulating academic and scientific life for students and postdoctoral fellows, numerous activities are organized, including:
- Weekly conferences where internationally-renowned scientists are invited to speak about their most recent breakthroughs
- Summer seminars, intended for summer students;
- The Interlab Club, where students present the fruits of their labour to their peers in a relaxed atmosphere favouring discussion
- The IRCM Research Day, where numerous awards are granted for the best student presentations
- The Scientific Forum, which brings together students, researchers and staff of the IRCM
- Thesis committees where you can benefit from the expertise and scientific advice of experienced researchers
- Social events organized by the IRCM Student Association
IRCM Student Association
The mandate of the IRCM Student Association is to bring students together and foster relationships with other community members at the IRCM. To this end, we organize scientific and social activities in order to promote a great working environment. The association also represents students within official committees of the Institute and provides a link to other student groups at Université de Montréal and McGill University.
Whether you need a break while running an agarose gel, feel like watching a hockey game when working late, or simply want to relax with coworkers, the IRCM student lounge is there to provide that comfort. Equipped with couches, foosball table, dart board, "Leave a book, Take a book" library, cable TV and a refrigerator, the student lounge allows you to wind-down before returning to your next ground-breaking experiment.
IRCM Student guide
Training the next generation of scientists is at the heart of the Institute’s mission. You will therefore have the opportunity to work in highly-specialized laboratories with access to state-of-the-art research services. This guide contains details and useful links about your academic training, as well as activities and resources offered at the Institute.Student guide