The IRCM Diabetes Clinic assesses and treats patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. We offer specialized multidisciplinary care and conduct teaching tasks for patients and health professionals, in addition to conducting research projects on metabolism and obesity. These three objectives aim to reduce the negative consequences of diabetes for our patients.
The Type 1 Diabetes Clinic is one of the largest in the province for adult patient care. It offers services for patients using multiple injections or an insulin pump. The Type 2 Diabetes Clinic primarily provides services to patients when they begin using injectable therapies, as well as to patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Director, Metabolic Diseases research unit
- Director, Diabetes Clinic
- Director, research platform on obesity, metabolism and diabetes
- Full IRCM Research Professor
- Geographical full time associate professor, Department of Nutrition, Faculté de médecine, Université de Montréal
- Physician, Endocrinology Division, Medicine Department, CHUM
- Associate researcher, CHUM Research Centre
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Medicine (Division of Experimental Medicine), McGill University
- Holder of the J.A. DeSève Chair in clinical research
Awards and honours
- 2017 Research Award, from the FMSQ (Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec)
- 2015 IMS BROGAN Award, from the FMSQ (Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec)
- Three awards for excellence in teaching (2012, 2013-2014), Université de Montréal
- 2012 Pierre-Bois Excellence Award, IRCM Foundation
- 2010 Young Investigator Award, Canadian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
The Diabetes Clinic is currently seeking participants for the following clinical studies:
Please visit the Clinical Studies page for full details, inclusion criteria and contact information for each study.