The Molecular Biology Research Unit, directed by Paul Jolicoeur, aims to understand the pathogenesis of AIDS, in particular by using models of AIDS in mice carrying the HIV-1 genome.
In addition, one of the objectives of our laboratory is to identify HIV-1 envelope-like molecules (Env) that are capable of generating broad spectrum neutralizing antibodies when used as immunogens in mice and guinea pigs. The neutralisation activity of mouse and guinea pig sera is measured in vitro using virus reporter luciferase pseudotypes with HIV-1 Env.
- Director, Molecular Biology Research Unit, IRCM
- Full IRCM Research Professor
- Full research professor, Department of Microbiology, Infectiology and Immunology (accreditation in molecular biology, and in biochemistry and molecular medicine), Université de Montréal
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Medicine (Division of Experimental Medicine), McGill University
Degrees and relevant experience
- MD (1964-1968) and PhD (1971-1973), Université Laval
- Postdoctoral fellowship, Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA (1973-1976)
Chelvanambi S, Bogatcheva N, Bednorz M, Agarwal S, Maier B, Alves NJ, Li W, Syed F, Saber MM, Dahl N, Lu H, Day RB, Smith P, Jolicoeur P, Yu Q, Dhillon NK, Weissmann N, Twigg Iii HL, Clauss M, HIV-Nef Protein Persists in the Lungs of Aviremic HIV Patients and Induces Endothelial Cell Death. - American Journal Of Respiratory Cell And Molecular Biology 2018 Oct 15
Raynaud-Messina B, Bracq L, Dupont M, Souriant S, Usmani SM, Proag A, Pingris K, Soldan V, Thibault C, Capilla F, Al Saati T, Gennero I, Jurdic P, Jolicoeur P, Davignon JL, Mempel TR, Benichou S, Maridonneau-Parini I, Vérollet C, Bone degradation machinery of osteoclasts: An HIV-1 target that contributes to bone loss. - Proceedings Of The National Academy Of Sciences Of The United States Of America 2018 Mar 13
Support biomedical research
Montreal Clinical Research Institute (IRCM)
110, des Pins Avenue West
Montréal, Québec H2W 1R7